OverDrive training is available for staff. If you are interested in attending a training session, please contact Melody Clair at 758-5805 or email@example.com
OverDrive offers a guided tour for new users. Staff is encouraged to check out this tour as well as it can help answer many patron questions.
The help section on OverDrive is a great resource for helping patrons. View the Quick Start Guide for an overview of the system or view the basics on the different formats OverDrive offers: WMA Audiobooks, MP3 Audiobooks, Adobe EPUB Books, Adobe PDF Books, music, and videos.
Tips for Using OverDrive
- To access OverDrive patrons need a library card and a PIN created on RockCat. When logging into OverDrive, users must select Arrowhead Library System, not the library that issued the card.
- Patrons may check out six items at a time.
- Patrons can select default lending periods by format. Once a patron has logged into OverDrive, they can click on the option "Lending Periods" in My Account and select the defaults they prefer.
The lending period options are:
eBooks: 7 or 14 days
Audio Books: 7 or 14 days
Music: 3, 5, 7, or 14 days
Videos: 3, 5, 7, or 14 days
Lending periods can also be changed on a title-by-title basis. When patrons check out a title, they will be presented with the default they have selected as well as the option to select a different lending period. You cannot return an item early.
- Holds can be placed on titles if they are not immediately available to download.
- Once an item is ready for download, patrons will receive an email indicating it is ready for checkout. They will have three days to check the item out. The three days are not included in the checkout period.
- Once the checkout has expired, the item will remain on the computer or device. The item will have to be manually deleted.