Your Account & Card
- New PIN Number Your new Personal Identification Number (PIN) is the last four digits of your primary telephone number associated with your account. You may log in to your account and change your PIN.
- Library cards is more powerful because of SHARE
- Library cards are accepted at 28 public library facilities throughout Rock, Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties.
- You have access to the 2.15 million items in their combined catalog both in person or through the SHARE catalog.
- You can order any material on the catalog and have it delivered to your library of choice where you can pick it up–free. Just place a "hold" on it.
- Keep your same library Card Your current library card is the only card you need. Some policies have changed. Cards will expire 2 years from issue. If cards are not renewed within three years of expiration, the account will be deleted. These periods begin the day SHARE is launched. (Clinton patrons should go by the expiration dates assigned to them prior to SHARE.)
- Some fines, fees and circulation policies changed in January 2018 with the launch. Check with your library for details.
New Feature Highlights
- Favorite Author Club Automatically be put on the reserve list for future books by your favorite authors–choose from a select list of popular authors. Log in to your account and sign up.
- New online catalog & interface Features more search filters, more account management options including changing a PIN, paying bills, and managing digital checkouts, and searches include standard collection items plus OverDrive (Libby) and Hoopla items.
- BookMyne app View best seller lists and place holds, search the catalog, and manage your account anytime, anywhere from your mobile device. Checkout all the library apps we offer.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Download this FAQ as a printable pdf.
Q: How do I get started looking for an item in the new catalog?
A: From sharelibraries.info or from you library’s home page, enter a search in the search box. This will pull up results from the catalog.
Q: I am having trouble getting a good search result. It seems to be limiting out materials from previous searches. What is going on?
A: To start a new search, click on the “Home” button on the left-hand side of the catalog screen. (Button looks like a house.)
Q: Can I change my PIN online?
A: Yes, you can! At the top of the catalog home page, log in with your card number and PIN and click on “My Account”, then click on “Personal Information”. Click on the “Change PIN” line to make changes.
Q: How can I put an item on hold?
A: Locate an item you wish to hold in the SHARE catalog. On the right-side of the results, click on “Place Hold”. Enter your card number and PIN. Click “Place Hold” to hold. You can also have the item’s call number texted to your phone.
Q: How do I see what holds I have placed on my card?
A: At the top of the catalog home page, click on “My Account” and log in with your card number and PIN, then click on the “Holds” tab. Note that digital holds are in a separate area from physical material.
Q: How do I see what I have checked out?
A: At the top of the catalog home page, log in with your card number and PIN, click on “My Account”, Click on “Checkouts.” Note that digital checkouts are in a separate area from physical material.
Q: I’m going on vacation and I fear my hold will become available to me while I am gone. Can I prevent my hold from coming due during my time away?
A: Yes, with the SHARE catalog, you can “suspend” your holds while on vacation! Log into your account with your card number and PIN. Click on “My Account” at the top of the page. Click on the “Hold” tab; look for the choice to “Suspend Hold”. Here, select the item(s) you wish to suspend, then click “Suspend Hold”. Input the date you wish to begin and end the suspension and click on “Suspend.”
Q: What is the “Favorite Author Club”? How do I sign up for the “Favorite Author Club” in the catalog?
A: The “Favorite Author Club” is an opportunity for patrons to automatically have holds placed on selected popular and prolific authors. Patrons must be logged in to see the “Favorite Author Club”. At the top of the catalog homepage, log in with your card number and PIN, click on “My Account”. Then, click on “Favorite Author Club” tab. Select the author(s) of your interest, and your library will automatically reserve the next book for you that is published by that author.
SHARE (SHARE Catalog) For most patron purposes SHARE means the catalog of materials
SHARE (SHARE Consortium) The automation and resource-sharing partnership
RockCat Arrowhead’s most recent catalog
Library System Central organization managing and coordinating operations and services for a group of libraries.
Participating Public Libraries
Edgerton Public Library
Dedicated staff member available to help with your SHARE questions!
Tuesdays, January 23 - 9:30-11:30
Wednesdays, January 24 - 2-4
Thursdays, January 25
Fridays, January 26 - 12-2
Milton Public Library
Tuesday, January 30 at 6 p.m.
The SPARK: Apps for Library Users*
Discover new library apps and tools to get the most from your library experience and learn to access thousands of movies, music, books, and audiobooks anywhere. Get assistance with setup, browsing, and troubleshooting of Hoopla, Libby, Bookmyne and more. Simply bring your mobile device and curiosity. For adults 18 & up. Registration required.
What is SHARE?
The SHARE Consortium is an automation and resource-sharing partnership founded in 2005. Visit the About Share website.
Why is Arrowhead Library System
To Reduce costs to allow your library to provide excellent service and programming.
To upgrade circulation/catalog software at each library to provide patrons and staff more functionality and efficiency.
To empower you with more control over your library experience through access to more materials and account management tools.
Who are the members of SHARE?
Lakeshores Library System (Counties of Racine and Walworth)
Kenosha County Library System
Arrowhead Library System (Rock County)