Printable Winter 2018 Early Literacy Schedule
Download and print the countywide winter 2018 storytime and early literacy schedule.
Libraries throughout Rock County offer fun pre-literacy and skill-building programs for kids and families such as Storytime, ABC Playgroup, Movers and Makers, and more. These programs are free and no library card is required to participate–residents can get one free with an ID and proof of address such as a post marked bill.
Check the library’s brochure or website for changes or breaks in the schedule. Many additional programs may also be available!
Beloit Public Library
View BPL calendar
• Preschool Discovery Time (6 & under) ... Wednesdays 10 & 11 a.m.
• ABC Playgroup (3-4 years) ... Tuesdays 10 a.m.
• Baby Play Date (2 & under) ... 1st & 3rd Thursdays 10 a.m.
• Sensory Storytime ... Fridays at 10 a.m. (dates vary)
Clinton Public Library
View CPL calendar
• Baby Lapsit Storytime (6 months & up) ... Mondays 10 a.m.
• Storytime (Preschool) ... Fridays 10 a.m.
Eager Free Public Library
View EFPL calendar
• Storytime (2-5 years) ... Wednesdays 10 a.m.
• Movers & Makers (2-5 years) ... Fridays 10 a.m. (Until January 26)
• Construction Zone Play Time (0-5 years) ... Fridays 10 a.m. (Beginning in February)
Edgerton Public Library
View EPL calendar
• Storytime (6 & under) ... Mondays 10 a.m.
• Dance & Play (6 & under) ... Thursdays 10 a.m.
Hedberg Public Library
View HPL calendar
• Baby Walkers (13-24 months) ... Wednesdays 9:30 a.m.
• Baby Lapsit (0-12 months) ... Wednesdays 10:30 a.m.
• Wiggle & Rhyme Storytime (All kids) ... Thursdays 9:30 & 10:30 a.m.
• Once Upon a Time Storytime (All kids) ... Thursdays at 1:30 p.m.
Milton Public Library
View MPL calendar
• Music & Movement (6 & under) ... 2 Mondays/month 6:30 p.m.
• Preschool Storytime (Ideal for 4 & under) ... Wednesdays 10:30 a.m.
Orfordville Public Library
View OPL calendar
• Story & Craft Time (5 & under) ... Fridays 11 a.m.
Community Read Rock County
A date has been announced for the big wrap up event featuring a visit by author Patty Loew. Join Arrowhead Library System and Community Read Rock County at Hedberg Public Library on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 6 PM for this capstone event.
Visit the CRRC website and Facebook page for all the updates.
Upcoming CRRC Events:
- CRRC Book Discussion
January 16, 10:30 AM
Eager Free Public Library.
Join us for a great discussion!
- Community Book Bunch
January 18, 6:30 PM
Edgerton Public Library.
The Community Book Bunch meets at an area restaurant for a lively discussion on a featured book. All who have read the book are welcome to join! The January meeting location will be the Lakeview Bar & Grill in Milton.
- Moonlight Hike
January 27, 6-9 PM
Ice Age Trail Coalition.
Meet us at Storr’s Lake in Milton for a hike along part of the Ice Age Trail.
- A Conversation with
April 10, 2018, 6 PM
Hedberg Public Library.
Join us for the capstone event for this year’s Read! Author Patty Loew will visit for a presentation about the book followed by a Q&A.
SHARE Transition Timeline
- RockCat will be decommissioned Monday, January 8.
- SHARE will go online in search-only mode from January 8-10.
Offline mode for Workflows.
- SHARE will launch in all-features mode on January 11.
Libraries will switch to online mode for Workflows one at a time.
Training: "Statistics, Lists, and Other Reports"
There will be a special in-person training session dedicated to statistics, lists and other reports. Be sure to sign up all staff members involved in pulling reports and statistics. Sign up for this training session using this Google doc.
- Statistics, Lists and Other Reports @
Hedberg Public Library
Friday, February 2, 2018, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
What materials are available to help our library inform patrons about SHARE?
The phase 1.5 (dated transition) and phase 2 (launch) PR kits are now available for download, email Tovah for a link.
When are SHARE Consortium Meetings?
View and bookmark SHARE's meeting schedule page.
SHARE & ALS In the news
Beloit Daily News:
AROUND THE STATE
Visit the PLSR Updates Page for the latest news on the process, milestones, and next steps.
View the recording of the December 19, 2017 Virtual Q&A with the Steering Committee.
Are you interested in speaking with, or having a Steering Committee member visit you?
Send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll find the time!
Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference
January 23-25, 2018
The sixth annual Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is a state-wide virtual conference developed by the Nicolet Federated Library System and supported by 15 other library systems in Wisconsin including Arrowhead Library System. Due to this support, employees with the Arrowhead Library System and its member libraries are invited to register at no cost.
Several 60-minute web presentations, focusing on the needs of public libraries, will be given over three blustery days in January. Grab a cup of cocoa and join this web conference from the warmth and comfort of your computer station.
Anyone, in any library, of any size, is welcome to participate in this web conference! Registration is required.
Visit the WWWWC website for more information and to register.
Closed for New Year's Day
January 1, 2018.
ALS Board of Trustee Meeting:
Wednesday, January 10 at 5:00 p.m. at
Arrowhead Library System
ALS Librarian’s Meeting:
Wednesday, January 17 at 9:30 a.m. at
Arrowhead Library System – Chair, Mary Bieber
SHARE Migration Meeting:
Friday, January 26 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at
Beloit Public Library
SHARE Training Session - Statistics, Lists and Other Reports:
Friday, February 2 from 9:00 a.m. - noon at Hedberg Public Library
Contact the Tovah with comments, corrections, or library news.
Public Information Coordinator
Arrowhead Library System Director
|Follow us on Facebook and Twitter|
430 E. High St., Suite 200
Milton, WI 53563
Memo© is published periodically by Arrowhead Library System