Hours: 10 hours per week. Prefer afternoon hours. Some Saturday work possible.
Provides general customer service and supports the regular library clerks. Reports to the library director for general instruction and review.
- Shelving library materials
- Helping library patrons find materials
- Answering the library telephone
- Going to post office to purchase stamps/postage
- Other library related duties as assigned
Requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Some knowledge of library materials and methods
- Thorough knowledge of alphabet and of the decimal system
- Knowledge of and skill in using effective English, including good grammar
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform clerical tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, push, reach, grasp, finger for writing and typing, lift, and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to assess visual cues. Far vision at 20 feet or further; near vision at 20 inches or less
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with others in person and over the telephone
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public
- Ability to arrive at work in a punctual manner and reliably assume responsibility as delegated
- Ability to learn the use of office equipment, including photocopier, fax machine, computer programs and other equipment as required.
- Ability to handle details, complete work with normal speed, and tolerate stress of busy circulation desk.
- Ability to understand and carry out both written and oral instructions
Appointment and/or continued employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or disability.
Please submit a resume to Megan Kloeckner at email@example.com by June 30, 2018.